I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Leaving, without a jet plane.

Well I'm finally leaving, after delaying for two days due to the poor conditions, its finally decent enough to be standing on the side of the highways.
Its stopped falling, but theres enough snow on the ground to still make you think winter is only just arriving. You wouldn't guess that its April.
I'm all packed and ready to go, and I'm just checking emails before breakfast, and after filling up on some good, morning energy, Ill be driven to the shoulder of the hwy, and I will begin another cross Canada adventure from there. I'm more than excited. The way I travel; I can expect something unexpected, and know that at the end of every day, something great will have happened that I had no control over. Ever day is a story, everyday is a wild adventure. Hopefully this trumps my American adventures.(minus the 9mm)
I have everything into 2 neat bags, the original B1, the tall blue rucksack, and I picked up one of my other bags to act as B2. The North Face makes a product that set the standards of equipment bags. The Base Camp duffel bag, its an uber strong, uber waterproof bag, and Ive grabbed a couple. I have two XLs, both black. Theyre 110L (alot) and that holds all of my gear, and I never have to worry about ripping or dirtying them. And I know everything inside is dry. I only brought one with me this time, plus a base camp mini, and B2, my daypack.
Ive been checking the weather forecasts, and we'll be averaging temperatures in the 'teens during the day, dropping to around zero at night. My sleeping bag, liner winter clothes and hammock can have me down to as far as -20, which is freezing cold, but not as cold as you think, and not that Ill be seeing those numbers. It will get chilly, especially if on the first leg of this hitch, I cannot find places to stay, and Im forced to set camp outside. Fingers crossed.
I think Im pretty much good to go, Ill be spending the next little while in the remote bush, away from the luxuries and amenities of life. And I love it. Theres only one thing Im missing...