I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Friday, March 12, 2010

I wanted to post a long description about the negative aspect I endure on this trip. So many(if not all) say how jealous they are, and that they live vicariously, but they aren't aware of the downside.
I will post it, once I get the chance.
I am constantly alone, hungry and searching for food and shelter, transportation when I'm moving.
I don't have a cell phone or expendable funds I can just satisfy needs with.

I write this now, as I am famished, and like so much on this trip, have no idea when or where I will eat next. Yes Ive posted lots of stories about me getting free pizza, but its alot fewer and far-er between than you think.
At the end of the day it is worth it, and I love what I'm doing, but its really, really hard sometimes.
That being said I also know not everyone could do this. I do believe it does take a certain type of person to be able to do what I'm doing, and I'm using my skills and willingness to open up the minds of others.
Now that being said, I'm choosing. Billions of people on this planet(and not just 'poor' people in Bangladesh we will never meet; people you brush shoulders with everyday) are forced to live this way.
Its sobering when you see things in this light.
The next time you sit down and have a lovely meal in front of you, don't think of me, think of the hundreds of millions of children worldwide, and in your neighbourhood(they're there) who do not have the same fortune and opportunities you do.

What are YOU thankful for?