I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So I went over to the mall, made the phone call to my NGO, to find out whether or not this trip is on hold, and I'm flown to Haiti, but she was too busy to speak, as its still very chaotic there(shes in Port-au-Prince right now) and Ill find out tonight...
I also called Jason, the IT guy who picked me up last night, as he said he'd be able to take me to the border, possibly even across. He is either going to take me to the bridge in his company truck, and Ill walk(still somewhat difficult, story wise) or in his car, which we would then just drive across together, and it wouldn't be a problem. I call him tmrw at 6am, and either way, he's gonna get me somewhere close to the melting pot that is the United States.
While at the phone, I had a group of shady looking kids come up, and tell me I look familiar. Weird, as Ive just spent my first 14 hours ever in St Catherines...
They asked if I wanted to make some money, and told me about the iPhone scam they have going....False info, with a legit ID to get an iPhone and contract. They told me they've done it loads, and even had one in a Telus bag they just schemed to prove it. I said thanks but no thanks, as it was the shadier than a Bonsai tree at high noon. I guess it's worked for them; they all had iPhones, and were going back to get another, but I was just screaming inside to give these kids some advice. I felt like Uncle Joey, and telling them to "cut, it, out" complete with the hand gestures. They thought I was crazy to do what I was doing, and here I was thinking they were absolutely bonkers doing their plans....
Different strokes for different folks I guess....


Today Im in St Kitts, chilling with Lahey like it was 2001, and planning my border jump. Tonight will relaxed, some more street soccer, FIFA 2010, and maybe a few pints. Tmrw is an early morning, I call Jason at 6am to meet him for the land of stars and stripes.....

Ill try to have some cool photos up later..