I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Well its my second and last night in Guelph. Lets just say Guelph sets a high standard of hospitality. I didn't see one douchebag, although I did see about 300 examples of them in the form of Police officers. The police presence in this town is ri-god-damn-diculous. They were everywhere downtown, arresting kids for belligerent behaviour. Since I am now a proud law-abiding citizen(I'm a reformed mailbox kicker and car roof runner while under the influence) it was funny to see the other side of it, and though I was in a different city, the Police were just as lame and power-thirsty.
So I awoke this morning at the Oak st house, some of the boys were still around, and Mike, who's bed I crashed in had returned home. He was a traveller himself, and more than cool with the idea of a stranger crashed out in his room. Not too many people would be, but he was extremely cool. After the usual PB toast for breaky, I jumped on the Internet for a bit, and then we went to the campus pool. I cannot describe how good the hot tub felt, especially for my feet and shoulders. We chilled there for the better part of an hour, and headed back. Mike had cooked us fish and rice, and the fish was so good. When I say so good, I mean so good it left my saliva glands wet like a virgin. Inappropriate? Sorry, but it was.
At the concert I ran into a good friend I treeplanted with, Anna, and when she found out what I was up to, offered her place for me. So after dinner with the crew who had done so much for me I decided it was time to depart, as not only did I not want to overstay my welcome, they had already done enough for me, and I wouldn't feel right staying another night. Mike kindly drove me to the downtown part of Guelph, and I met up with Anna. It was soo good to see someone who endured the pain of skin munching blackflies, and hellish conditions treeplanting. We made this awesome rice/vegetable dish that was super tasty. Her mom came by to drop some things off, and she was hilarious! Annas mom is a very Polish woman, and her way of saying things and looks on life were soo funny and great to see. They couch surfed Europe together! and has some great stories to go with it. We laughed alot over a cup of warm tea, and it was really relaxing.
I know the Superbowl was tonight, and everyone and their mothers were at a bar watching it, but lets be cereal here, American football is gayer than Liberace and Elton John sixty-nining on a rubber sheet. Seriously, football is lamer than the 3rd annual Magic the Gathering tournament in Kevin's Moms basement. Its worse than....get my drift? The only thing worse than football is the UFC. I would rather watch 9 hours of Dr Phil than a Superbowl, so no I don't have some crazy story of getting drunk at a pub watching the game. Who was even playing? The Detroit Red Wings vs the New York Yankees? Might as well have.
Anyways, Anna and I chilled, reminisced of the planting days and talked about life. It was much needed, and now as I lay in bed, I'm wondering whats coming tmrw....I'm going to get out early, and try to get to Niagara at a reasonable hour. We'll see what happens....


Me and Anna Montana!!!