I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well my apologies for the lack of update over the past few days.

Since Ive arrived in Florida, life has been pretty hectic. I was taken by a high ranking biker to a secret HQ, had a gun in my mouth to see if I'm trustworthy, met some of the craziest/most elusive bikers in the country(sooo Ross Kemp on Gangs) was then taken to Jacksonville Landing, and there met some amazing people. Then I met D and B.
D and B have taken me under their wing while I'm here and have helped me out beyond anything I could have imagined. I'm staying with them while sorting out my future. Ive been notified by my NGO of a possible flight to Rwanda to resume my original project in a few weeks, or continue this docu. project. My computer is being refurbished. Shooting guns(everyone and their mother has one here) and enjoying the lifestyle of the not-so-typical Floridan. Ive been so busy, I haven't been to my computer as often as Id like-or should be. Florida isn't exactly the compassionate state, more just a reiteration of where everyone comes to die. Seriously. Everyone here is 65+ and driving a gas guzzling shiny SUV with mean glares. Seriously. Especially with my image, they stare at me like I hitchhiked there or something...


I wanted to let everyone know I'm alright, and better yet, things are amazing. I never would have thought hitchhiking would take me to the palace of OC houses, and a luxury life with 2 of the coolest kids around. One day I'm asking to clean a floor for a slice of pizza, hitching unknowingly into dangerous rural areas, the next I'm on a yacht drinking fine wine chilling with execs. This life is beyond unpredictable.

I also wanted to thank everyone for their support, and interest in this project. This trip isn't easy sometimes, and when I receive emails of support from people, it appreciated more than you will ever know! I'm receiving emails as far as Europe and Asia, of followers supporting the project.
Greg and Karen in Ottawa, I cant thank you enough for the email, I'm sorry I haven't responded yet, but know I write with you guys in mind(I hope its not too blunt, and still somewhat entertaining!!!) To know you guys are reading it makes this a reality!
Joao in Portugal! You're the man!
AL. Hope you made it to the land of FSU alright, and enjoy yourself. I got an email from JR Crush, (Sten Ones) and it was tres cool.
The boys at TKE. I continue to tell people of your epicly wild antics. My time there was a friggen show.
And of course Hope, in British Columbia. My experiences working with the dogs and you at the BCSPCA this summer register with me everyday. I am ecstatic to know you continue to follow it, I only hope at times its not too vulgar or infused with silly behaviours!! Please keep reading, Ill be trying to include more adventures into the wild, and not wild adventures!

And last but certainly not least, to the people along the way I have met, or know, and have helped me out in any way, shape or form. From generously donating any sort of funds, to simply giving me directions, I am forever in your debt. There are too many people to include here, but I promise I keep a list. A list I refer to in times of doubt or despair. Although it hasn't been as often as I initially planned, there are times of frustration and desperation. It is you, and your compassion which push me further, despite my own doubts.

And of course AK. It is you who pushes me and reminds me of whats possible, and my capabilities. You are my inspiration, and I am constantly missing you.

I'm about 3 days behind in the blog updates, but it will be good, I promise. Its been 3 days of hectic-ness.
As much as I was rushing to Miami as fast as possible, my time in Naples is just as valuable, and there may even be a possibility of cutting some time off thanks to the boys here. Not sure what the future has in store, but I promise you guys will be hearing about it, in typical, unpredictable, sarcastic Nate fashion.

Thanks again, and some class distracting, non-work related reading material will be up tonight.!! Oh and with a bajillion photos!

N.