I am currently on the road, hitchhiking around the world shooting a documentary, or twelve. I am hoping to inspire those around me through unorthodox, and sometimes extreme methods of living. I have decided that in order to accurately measure and also to enable the best possible footage I will not spend a single dollar on food, shelter, transportation or anything personal for the next full year, and only sustain on what has been generously and spontaneously provided for me.
After witnessing enough negative behaviour in complete strangers to complete strangers to last a lifetime, I have decided to set out to accomplish many things. Prove the world is not such a nasty place full of untrustworthy people, open the minds of society that anything is possible, and that a new friend or opportunity is just a conversation away. When common courtesy seems to have evaded us in 2010, I am setting out in search of the good in the human race. Where have all the good people gone?
I will use my social skills, resourceful thinking and life experiences to accomplish a highly controversial move; travel the globe on less than $500 and breakdown every sterotype and false perception. Its going to be tough sometimes, but I know that what is waiting for me will rock the socks off of everyone reading this. Just wait 'til you see the videos.....

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My moustache is consuming my face.

It is, and its frighteningly authoritative. My apologies to the three and a half people who sometimes check this blog, Ive been a little slack on the updates, as Ive been busy during the day working to give me a safety net for my travels. The yob isn't exactly mentally stimulating, so I'm able to conjure up all sorts of ideas, thoughts and other useless crap to write about. I was waiting in line at the mall, chatting with a coworker, and some random dude included himself in the conversation. It was all kosher though, as he opened my mind to some new thoughts. We were talking about people in the mall, and the lack of common courtesy displayed these days. (it is ...f*cking awful.) The dude was a bit of an odd one, but he had this brilliant way to describe it. "Its a zoo, but we aren't lemmings like some say we are. Lemmings have direction, the have a final destiny. We're like sheep, forced from all angles to keep moving, no idea where or why." It was kind of a wacked perspective, but he was wack. He was, however also right. We're all just a bunch of selfish drones roaming around with no direction, moving because we feel obligated to. Social distractions subconsciously oblige us to do what we think we should do, not what we want to do.
Ive realized while spending the past 3 lunch hours in the Rideau Centre Food Court that Ottawa is officially the worst, most unfriendly, EFFED TO THE NINES city. It sucks. Royally. The people here are mean, impolite, uncourteous, zombie-ish, snobby and for the most part; idiots.
I could go into details, but I wont. I will say it was triggered by the 736th person I held a door open for that didn't even acknowledge me, let alone utter a 'thank-you' Whatever, maybe I'm just a Bitter Betty, but people SUCK.
Now that I have that out of my system, the planning is going well. Still no word on Rwanda. Despite the fact I wake up at 630, work 7-7, I still manage to get some junk done, but bedtimes have been 2am-ish. This also sucks, but I need it, and its getting me the financial stability needed to do something this stupid....
I'm going to start posting about it right meow.